Thursday 25 November 2010

A mummy at last

Its been a great day today. Although the weather is very cold, we havent had any snow and the girls have spent the day chasing the winter sunshine around the garden. I can see a future when the dog and chickens race for that special patch of sunshine .
With the threat of snow growing day by day, it was time to weatherproof the run. We have put wooden batons on the ends a large piece of plastic which fits over the run. The girls werent to sure to begin with but come bedtime of they trotted. And with layers of cardboard over the coop with extra bedding, snug as bugs in a rug.
Its taken nearly too weeks but they have at last begun to recognise mummy. When I go outside they come running and Ada and Lily are now happy to eat out of my hand. Ada is going to be a very cheeky hen already putting her head in the tub of corn I take out to sprinkle around. She wont yet let me pick  her up, but I'm sure she will get to that point. Ity really made my day, the cat around my legs and a chicken eating out of my hand. I am really looking forward to warmer weather when I can spend more time outside. Roll on spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment