Thursday 18 November 2010

When alfie met the girls.

Alfie is my lurcher, I know he's not the most ideal breed to have around chucks but he was here first, so not alot I could do about it.
I've just spent the last hour moving the coop into a sunnier position and then sweeping up the mess left behind. Alfie was being very good following me around,. I know he has been inquisitive about the birds and has been and sniffed them when they have been in the coop, but today they were out and about. He could only control himself for so long before the excitement simply got too much. Poor girls, he did frighten them.
I've made a mental note never to leave the dog around the girls on his own, a bit like never leave a dog alone with kids. I just hope they all learn to get along, but Alfie has never learned to get along with the cats. I say that, but he is terrified of them when they turn round and retaliate so maybe the same will happen when the girls give him a peck on the nose. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment