Wednesday 24 November 2010

reflective moment

I happened to drive past a battery chicken farm today, and really felt sorry for the girls in there. Have driven past it before but to be honest havent really thought about it, but since having the girls I can say my outlook has totally changed.
Here at home the girls are great, Aggi is still limping, and has a very purple bottom along with Ronnie, but Lottie has certainly calmed down since she was reprimanded. I went out an bought them a new feeder that was recommended and its amazing, you really do not get any spills, so the pellets are lasting much longer. The only thing is the white part of it shows some smears of blood. This is a total mystery, I have checked each girl for signs of fresh blood but none anywhere. I can only think at some point one of them has had a peck on her comb which has bled. I dont think I will ever know where it came from.
The cats and Dog are now settling down. The cats pay no attention to the girls, and the dog just goes and sniffs around. All one big happy family. I just wish the compost bin would arrive as I am chucking so much poo away and I know it would be so good for the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment